Planning a two day itinerary in Barcelona – A nutshell
Although we spent only two days in Barcelona, our itinerary was pretty much packed with activities. Be it visiting historical monuments such as La Sagrada Familia and the Barcelona Cathedral, to shopping along Avinguda Diagonal and Las Ramblas, to having some really great tapas at El Quim’s in La Boqueria, it was a fun-filled two days.
It was also an achievement locating Ziryab, a fusion tapas bar located at on a really tiny street – Calle de Grunyi near the Gothic Quarter.
On Day 2, while we were rather overdressed for the Barceloneta Beach, we did enjoy strolling across the multitude of sun-tanning bodies facing the Mediterranean Sea. It was also near Barceloneta did we try the best paella in all of Barcelona, at Can Ros.
My biggest heartache was not being able to visit Park Guell in Barcelona. (Had too much wine and a one hour nap eventually led to a 14 hour nap instead.) I guess I will be back again some day. If you have other must-visit sights, food and hotel recommendations, please drop a comment below.
Tips & Tricks
- Is Barcelona worth visiting? Four questions to consider before going
- 6 nifty transport tips on how to get around Barcelona
- Review: Grand Hotel Torre Catalunya in Barcelona
- In pictures (1) – The towers of La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona
- In pictures (2) -The interior of La Sagrada Familia and how to get there
- In pictures (3) – The schoolhouse of La Sagrada Familia and exhibition
- Photo Story: Exploring the famous Spanish market La Boqueria
- Must-try: The El Quim de la Boqueria tapas bar in Barcelona
- Photo Story: A walking trail from Avinguda Diagonal to Placa de Catalunya
- Beware: The €200 pea scam at Las Ramblas
- Photo Story: Is Las Ramblas in Barcelona overrated?
- Photo Story: The Gothic Quarter of Barcelona in the 1960s
- In pictures – Visiting Barcelona Cathedral in the Gothic Quarter
- Must-try: Great tapas at Ziryab in Barcelona
- Photo story: Visiting Mercat de St Antoni
- Photo Story: Tapas at Mercat St Antoni – A Snails Breakfast
- 10 interesting sights to see at Barceloneta Beach
- Top eight things to do at Barceloneta Beach in summer
- 13 essential items for a beach holiday
- Must eat: Visit Can Ros for the Best paella in Barcelona
Hope you enjoyed the posts on Barcelona. Stay tuned for the ones on Portugal coming right next!